Monday, January 14, 2008

A Perfectly Wonderful Geeky project!


Now some might find it a strange combination that a physics nerd loves to knit, but then I was always a Renaissance soul. When I came across the Chromosome Cap pattern on Ravelry, I thought... "I have got to make that for someone!" Who better than my friend Anne? She loves biology and has a little guy to torture... uh who could wear this perfectly cute cap. LOL Now that it is complete, I am casting on one for mom, too!

The pattern was quick and easy. It was my first "cable" project. That in itself is kind of weird. Many knitters that I've talked to say that they are more scared of socks than cables. I jumped into doing socks a while ago, but just never did anything cabled. It's fun, and it is not at all too challenging to do. I am looking forward to the adult version of the chromo cap.

Knitting is my yoga. When I'm too tired to knit, I blog about knitting. LOL Do you see a pattern here? Tonight is definitely a "too tired" night, so I get to post pics of my latest conquest and go to bed. Good night and happy knitting to all!

No comments: