Saturday, January 5, 2008

My Personal Mission Statement

I visited the Mission Statement Builder on the FranklinCovey site today. I have been feeling a bit like I've been drifting aimlessly here lately and I wanted to get some focus. I highly recommend the "Jumpstart" version of the builder. You get 10 seconds to answer a series of questions. This ensures that it is your first response from the heart. Then you get to expand on these ideas. I am blogging my results so that I can hold myself accountable and redirect myself when I wander.

Knitting Nerd's Personal Mission Statement

I will support the education of others and continue to enrich my education.
I will support and nurture my child's intellectual, creative, physical, and emotional needs.
I will find ways to express my love and appreciation for the ways that my family and friends have supported me.
I will express my love for others frequently in verbal and non-verbal ways.
I will seek out loving relationships that are healthy and fulfilling.
I will seek out God in all aspects of my life and strive to build a closer relationship with Him.
I will support the freedom of myself and others by voting, being politically involved, and being active in issues such as education and climate.
I will encourage compassion by being compassionate in my actions toward others.
I will encourage intellectualism in home, school, and society by praising the intellectual risks that people take.
I will live my life as if no one is watching. I will pursue my passions without worrying about what other people might think.
I will continue to learn and enrich others lives as well.
I will be kind to others even if they are not kind to me. I will perform random acts of kindness for strangers.
I will clean up after myself in my home, work, and environmental existence by recycling more and conserving resources.
I will continue to pursue what is important to me even when facing obstacles.

No comments: