Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Holiday Stress

Well it has hit me again... Holiday knitting deadline stress!! I have a sweater for my son almost finished, a newly begun sock, and a silk scarf on my needles. Yikes! I knit when I am stressed, but I'm stressed and out of time so that has not been good for meeting deadlines. It's a good thing that we are not getting together with the rest of the family until the weekend after Christmas. School gets out on Friday, so I'll have more time to knit after that.

I've put my name on the waiting list for ravelry.com. If you haven't heard of it, it's an online community for knitters and crocheters. However it is in beta testing, so you have to sign up and them wait for your invitation. Right now I am about number 6000 on the list. I think they send out hundreds of invitations on a regular basis, so I'm hopeful that it won't take too long. In the meantime I found a fun holiday knitting site: http://www.weloveholidaysweaters.wehatesheep.com . Design your own gaudy holiday sweaters with as much bling as you can stand. Then add more!! LOL

I was really touched today when a student of mine presented me with the gift of yarn for Christmas. She has been in my class for 2 years now and knows how I love to knit. How thoughtful!! I want to knit the Icelandic shawl from KnittingDaily.com. It is so gorgeous!! But alas, to finish the projects I've already begun. I think I have knitting ADD! No... really it's just a project to fit my different moods and needs. With a busy life and a demanding 5 year old, sometimes I just can't concentrate on an intricate lace pattern. Stockinette is my friend then. :)

Here's to friday!

No comments: